Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh, Hey...

Well, here we are. About 4 months since my last post, and I am sad to say that yet another weight loss quest has failed. Quite miserably in fact. Not only did I fail to lose weight, but I have GAINED weight since I last posted. Now, to my credit, I did manage to graduate first in my class as well as study for/take/pass my licensing exam, so I am now writing to you as Dr. Arielle Brettler, PT, DPT.

However, in my quest for academic and clinical domination, my eating and exercise habits fell in the dust. I have spent the last 10 weeks sitting on my butt 8 hours a day and studying until I passed out. All the while consuming large amounts of coffee and lots of Panera salads.

As you may remember, back in January, I said that I was giving it one last shot. By "it," I mean weight loss on my own. And I am sticking to my word. I start working on August 9th, and part of my first paycheck will go to a new membership at Weight Watchers. I have tried Weight Watchers in the past with mediocre success (and subsequent failure/weight gain), but this time I am going to go to weekly meetings. This seems to be how many of my friends were able to shed their unwanted pounds, and so I think it's time I give it a shot.

I will once again chronicle my trials and tribulations in hopes that I can help or encourage others who may be struggling with the same issue. I plan to continue my dedication to adequate nutrition which I think many people on Weight Watchers tend to neglect. Since the system is based on points, I think people just tend to eat whatever they want as long as it's within points range as opposed to really taking nutritional principles into account. I will also of course continue to keep up my exercise habits. I absolutely adore working out, and that love will only get stronger now that I will finally have a regular schedule. My plan as of now is to hit the gym before work 2 days a week, and after work 3 days a week, as well as 1 weekend day each week. 6 days a week will likely give my metabolism the boost it needs to keep burning.

Part of me is a little sad that I have been unable to do this on my own, but the other part of me is happy that I have both recognized and accepted that I can't do this on my own, and that I will not let anything get in the way of me and my health.

I will update as much as I can with news on my progress, recipes, and exercise tips

-A

0 comments:

Post a Comment