Sunday, June 2, 2013

Apple, Chicken, and Spinach Egg White Omelet Bake

I always try to keep my breakfasts interesting and filling.  My main goal is usually to make something on Sunday that I can eat throughout the week.  A large baked egg white omelet easily lasts the whole week and is very portable.  When my husband and I went to Baltimore a couple of months ago I had a delicious omelet with chicken and apples in it, so this was my attempt at recreating it.



INGREDIENTS
  • Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
  • 4 cups liquid egg whites
  • 2 chicken breasts, saute'd in coconut oil cooking spray, and cubed
  • 3 Golden Delicious apples, cored, peeled and diced
  • 4 oz. Spinach leaves, chopped
  • Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 350

Spray a 9x13 baking pan with coconut oil spray

Saute the chicken in the coconut oil cooking spray until thoroughly cooked



In a large bowl, mix the chicken, apples, spinach, egg whites, and spices 

Pour into the pan and cook for 30-40 minutes (until egg whites are set)




0 comments:

Post a Comment