Sunday, June 2, 2013

Blueberry, Banana, Almond Baked Oatmeal

No matter the season, oatmeal is always one of my go-to items for breakfast.  When I prepare ahead, the concoctions I make can usually be eaten hot or cold, so depending on the day, I may warm it up, or keep it chilled.  This particular mixture tasted AWESOME cold, and since it was 90 degrees all week, I ate it that way all week.


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Steel Cut Oats (I use Bob's Red Mill)
  • ¼ cup Sliced Raw Almonds, divided in half
  • ½ tsp. Baking Powder
  • ¾ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
  • Pinch of Salt
  • ¼ cup Agave Nectar
  • 1 cup Coconut Almond Milk (I used Blue Diamond, unsweetened)
  • ¼ cup Egg Substitute (I use Better n' Eggs)
  • 2 tbsp. Unsweetened Applesauce
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 3 Ripe Bananas, peeled and sliced
  • 1 cup Blueberries, divided
  • 2 tbsp. Flax Seeds
  • 2 tbsp. Chia Seeds


Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.

2. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. 

3.  Mix the oats, almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.

4.  In a small bowl, combine agave, milk, egg beaters, butter, and vanilla



5.  Slice the bananas, and spread in a single layer over the bottom of the baking dish.  Top with half the blueberries



7.  Pour the dry ingredient mixture over the fruit evenly

8.  Pour the liquid ingredients evenly over the oats.


9.  Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and almonds over the top.

10.  Bake  35-40 minutes, until top is browned and oats set.


I sliced this into 5 portions and brought them to work with me every day last week.  YUM

0 comments:

Post a Comment