Saturday, September 11, 2010

Squashed

The past week has been a whirlwind.  So busy I didn't have much time to make anything pretty or spectacular.  I am up to a full case load at work, I've gotten back into my pre-work workouts at the gym, which is both exhausting and exhilarating, and I've overall just been preparing mostly easy meals because I've been getting home around 7:30 every night.

Here are a couple highlights:

Baked Butternut Squash served with a mixture of sauteed peas, corn, mushrooms, spinach, and brown rice:


And today's breakfast:  egg whites mixed with sauteed spinach, salsa, and a little bit of reduced fat mozzarrella:

Today I also made a delicious protein smoothie with the egg white protein I mentioned before.  I used almond milk, strawberry egg white protein powder, half a banana, and a handful of blueberries.  I then proceeded to spill 90% of it on my coffee table and living room carpet!  :o(   The 10% that I got to drink was delicious!

I hope to make some more interesting things this week.  The challenge food of the week is Kabocha, which is also known as a Japanese pumpkin.  I'll let you all know what I come up with!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment