Thursday, October 7, 2010

Have I mentioned I LOVE the fall?

Last weekend, Brad and I went to VonThun Farms to do some pumpkin and apple picking.  We wound up picking about 15 lbs. of apples, all different varieties.  I had been craving baked apples for awhile, so naturally, I made a bunch as soon as I got home.  I then stuffed the apples with bulgur wheat and it actually looked pretty presentable.

For the apples:  core 6-8 large apples (McIntosh and Rome varieties are the best for baking); place cored apples in a pyrex dish.  Sprinkle Apple Pie Spice over the apples (this is just a blend of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg).  Fill the pyrex with an inch and a half of Coke Zero or diet Coke.  Bake at 375 for around 30 minutes or until the apples are tender

Bulgur wheat recipe in last post!








And now, an epicly green, green smoothie:  6 oz. unsweetened iced green tea, 3/4 c. chopped broccoli, 1 c. spinach leaves, 1/2 c. frozen peaches and mangoes; Throw it all in the Magic Bullet, and blend until smooth

0 comments:

Post a Comment