Sunday, December 22, 2013

Venison Chili

For those of you who know me, you know that I don't eat red meat, and haven't since I was about 10 years old.  However, this Whole30 challenge has really made me want to be more adventurous with my protein choices.  My friend Jess' dad hunts deer pretty regularly, so she has a freezer full of venison.  She was nice enough to give me some ground venison.  I decided to make a chili with it because red meat still freaks me out a little, so I figured I could disguise it a bit.  Well, I can now add venison to the list of proteins that I'll eat.  I adapted this recipe from a recipe on Food.com

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 lbs. Ground Venison
  • 1 Large Vidalia Onion, chopped
  • 3 Bell Peppers (I used yellow, red, and green), chopped
  • 1, 28 oz. can Crushed Tomatoes
  • 1, 28 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
  • 3 Tbsp. Chili Powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
  • 1/4 tsp. Paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
  • 3 Tbsp. Cumin
  • 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. Pepper

Instructions:
  • Brown the venison in a stock pot
  • Add the onion and peppers and saute until softened
  • Add the rest of the ingredients
  • Bring to a simmer, cover, and let simmer for 1 hour


0 comments:

Post a Comment