Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Gluten Free, Paleo, Pumpkin Apple Bread


I've been wanting to try using almond flour for awhile to make my baked goods gluten free and paleo.  This bread seemed like the perfect way to do that, but when I went to the store to buy almond flour, I was astounded at how expensive it is.  I wound up buying a bulk amount of raw almonds and grinding them in my Magic Bullet to make my own flour, and the result was delicious!
  • 1 cup pureed pumpkin
  • 4 large eggs, beaten
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 Gala apples, peeled and diced
  • 5 cups almond flour (made in my Magic Bullet!)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray 2, 9x5 loaf pans with cooking spray
  2. Mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl, then add the apples
  3. In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients
  4. Add the dry to the wet and mix until combined (it will be thick)
  5. Pour/Scoop into loaf pans and bake for 30-40 minutes

0 comments:

Post a Comment