Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Love Sesame Oil

Sesame oil is one of my favorite oils to cook with because it's full of healthy fats, but also packs a lot more flavor than traditional cooking oils.  Tonight, I went out for a nice run (2 miles!) and was starving when I returned, so I sauteed 5 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup string beans, 1.5 cups broccoli, and 1 cup water chestnuts in 1 tsp. of sesame oil and a bunch of garlic powder.  Then I added 1/4 c. whole wheat couscous and mixed it all up for a healthy alternative to traditional stir fry.  It was flavorful, light, and delightful.  It packed 550 calories (which sounds like a lot, but is perfectly reasonable for dinner, especially post-workout), 72g carbs, 43g protein, 11.8g fat, only 154mg sodium, and 15g of fiber.  Such a perfect recovery meal :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment