Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sugar and Spice...

I love having something for breakfast to kick-start my day.  As tempted as you might be to reach for a pop-tart or a nutri-grain bar, why not try to make something that's sweet, but that will also fuel your morning?

I always say you cannot go wrong with oats in the morning.  I buy Old Fashioned Oats and make my breakfast the night before so they can soak up all the liquid and be extra flavorful and delicious in the morning.

Today's concoction:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 medium Gala apple, diced
  • 1/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Milk (I used Almond Breeze)
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein (use what you like, but I use MRM All Natural Vanilla Whey...only 1g sugar)
  • Lots of cinnamon!
Combine all ingredients in a tupperware, put the lid on, and shake vigorously to blend.  Store in the fridge overnight, and enjoy the next morning either cold or hot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment