Sunday, June 10, 2012

Vegetarian Black Bean Burgers

And, I'm back!  It was a long hiatus, but I'm back with new recipes, renewed faith in what clean eating can do for my body, and best of all, a new last name!

Here's a delish recipe for Vegetarian Black Bean Burgers that I tweaked from a recipe I found in Women's Health:

Ingredients:
  • 1 can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 c. chopped red onion
  • 3/4 c. shredded carrots
  • 1/2 c. dry quick cooking oats (you could also use quinoa or brown rice)
  • 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
Directions:
  • Place all ingredients in a food processor ad pulse until combined.
  • Form into 4 patties (or, if too thin, spoon onto grill pan and cook like a pancake)
  • Spray a grill pan with nonstick spray
  • Heat pan, and cook until browned on both sides



Enjoy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment