Sunday, August 29, 2010

Good, Bad, Blog...

I realize that I seldom get very "personal" on this blog, but I want to change that up occasionally.  Since I am hard at work re-modeling my lifestyle, one of the things I promised myself I would do (that I've never done in the past) is continue to blog even when I have small setbacks or failures.  I had my WW meeting/weigh-in yesterday and I gained 1.4 lbs this week.  I sort of knew it was coming when I reflected on my eating habits last week, but it was still sort of a slap in the face to hear the word "gained."

For those of you who know me, the one thing that I am truly bad at, is being bad at something.  Failure and myself are not words that I like to have linked together.  Now, I don't mean this at all to sound like I am good at everything I attempt, because that is far from the truth, but I am someone who will work as hard as possible to be really good at everything I attempt.  And so, when I wind up "failing" at something, I get upset. I really am working on trying to decrease me anxiety levels and just live.  As my best friend Alexis said recently, "this is your life and setbacks happen...roll with it!"

And so I begin another week, as optimistic as ever, and without regard to last week's outcomes.  I am armed with a good plan for meals and snacks for the week, and ready to up my game at the gym.  Here's hoping it's a good week!


And now back to the real reason for this blog....FOOD!

First, an omelet...1 c.  egg beaters, 1 c. baby spinach, sauteed with cooking spray and minced garlic, topped with 1/4 c. reduced fat shredded mozzarella and placed on a Mission Multigrain Plus! Wrap (one of my faves)

Next, one of my favorite foods on earth, made healthy:  PIZZA! - 1 Mission Multigrain Plus! Wrap, 3 tbsp. tomato sauce, 1/4 c. of reduced fat mozzarrella, and lots of baby spinach leaves.  Pop it in the toaster oven for a few minutes, and enjoy some guilt free pizza
pre-bake
post-bake...a little overdone, but still delish!

And now, a couple of new product discoveries that I am newly obsessed with:

Kim's Magic Pop - a new machine that many stores are starting to get.  They put wheat, barley, and rice into a heated machine, and out pops a sort of thin, rice cake that can be topped with almost anything.  People were talking about it in my WW meeting yesterday, and then today at Costco, I discovered them.  They are made fresh while you're there, and the guy said they can be stored for up to a month.  Today, I blended a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Garlic Herb Cheese with some salsa, and spread it atop this airy, delicious "rice cake."  At only 15 calories each, the snacking possibilities are endless.

Lastly, another new favorite:  Cinnamon Raisin Bread flavored Raisins...I know it sounds weird, but they are DELICIOUS when mixed with plain nonfat Greek yogurt.  The flavor process doesn't add any calories to the raisins, and as far as I can tell they are just rolled in a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar with a little butter flavor added.  They really do taste like cinnamon raisin bread.

This weeks challenge food is Acorn Squash.  I haven't picked a recipe yet, but I'm thinking about cutting it in half, baking it, and putting vegetarian chili in the middle.  I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Keep your spirits up girl! I struggle with the same issues surrounding my body. It is so frustrating to work so hard and not see the results you want. Especially when you are used to being successful as result of hard work in other aspects of life. You have had a minor setback, but on the whole, you're doing great!

arielle130 said...

Thanks, Nicole!!

Post a Comment