Thursday, August 26, 2010

I should be sleeping...

...but instead I am posting pictures of my latest baking ventures :o).  Tonight I baked muffins for a co-worker's last day tomorrow, and also cupcakes for a bake sale to benefit brain injury research on Saturday.

First, the muffins.  Nutritious and really really delicious
  • 4 tbsp. butter (half a stick)
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c. whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/4 c. applesauce
  • 1 c. old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 c. craisins
 Preheat the oven to 350.  Cream butter with brown sugar; add egg.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.  Add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.  Stir in oats and craisins.  Fill paper-lined muffin tins just about full and bake for 20-25 minutes.  Makes 12 muffins




And the cupcakes...vanilla cupcakes, with my own recipe for buttercream icing and wilton's recipe for decorating icing (basically a shortening-based frosting with powdered egg whites to stiffen it)



I hope they taste as good as they look!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment