Thursday, August 12, 2010

Making Up For Lost Time...

It's been a couple days since I've updated, but there has not been a halt in my delicious kitchen experimentation.  And so, here is a recap of a few beauties over the last few days:

My first foray into the world of overnight oats was quite the success.  This heavenly breakfast consisted of 3/4 cup steel cut oats (you can use old fashioned oats as well, just don't use instant oats), 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tsp Truvia, lots of cinnamon, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1/2 cup jumbo raisins.  Simply mix all these ingredients together in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate overnight (no cooking necessary!).  In the morning, pop it in the microwave to warm it up. 
Before the overnight stay in the fridge

Dinner a few nights ago consisted of 4 oz. baked salmon, which i covered with lemon juice, chopped garlic, and paprika.  I served it over brown rice cooked in low-sodium vegetable broth.  I <3 Omega 3s



Last night I baked my famous Mint Oreo Brownies.  Since they don't really fit in the healthy category (though I did use applesauce and egg white to make them), I will not post the recipe here, but will share a picture :o)


Tonight's dinner was simple, but delicious, and even better because it was mainly my favorite color (green!).  2 ounces of whole wheat thin spaghetti, topped with a mix of sauteed spinach, peas, and garlic, sauteed in a teaspoon of olive oil.


Made an extra batch for lunch tomorrow! Delish :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment