Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 4 - Going Green

Today was a great day! In my unending quest for health and happiness, I am always looking for tips and recipes. Today I discovered a magical thing known as the Green Smoothie. It is basically any combination of leafy greens and fruit, and so I decided I absolutely had to make one.

My car is currently stuck in a snow prison, so I had to make due with the ingredients I had. I used - Romaine Lettuce, Strawberries, Banana, and Water. It was delicious!! I am going to become more adventurous with these smoothies as they are low in calories, high in fiber, and they taste fantastic! I'm going to buy spinach and ginger tomorrow. I also had a protein smoothie this morning (same recipe as the past 2 days).

For lunch I made a flatbread pizza made with a low-carb wheat roll-up from Costco (i am obsessed with these. 110 cals, with 10 grams of protein). I spread a thin layer of tomato sauce and sprinkled with part skim shredded mozzarella, then popped it in the toaster for 10 minutes. Yum!

Dinner was Ravioli Florentine from weight watchers smart ones line

This morning I did Level 1 of the Shred. Looking forward to taking measurements and photos on Monday. Hoping to see a little bit of a change. It will be very tempting to step on the scale, but I will fight the urge. Trying to last the full 30 days before re-weighing so that I can see a true loss, and not just potential water loss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment